Search This Blog

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Opens Essence Music Festival-Janet Jackson

New Orleans Opens Essence Music Festival.She brought the crowd in the New Orleans Superdome to their feet with an onslaught of timeless music from her globally cherished catalog. Janet's voice was heard saying, "I hope you enjoy this as much as I do. ... Are we ready? It's all about control." Jackson chose to start off with "Pleasure Principle," wearing a one-piece outfit with leotards underneath. "You might think I'm crazy, but I'm serious," she began singing. Jackson's set reminded you of how Mike Tyson used to pound his opponents back in the '80s: graceful but extremely forceful with, of course, a first-round knockout. Jackson left the stage temporarily and the audience was taken for a stroll down memory lane through acting highlights. It started with a clip of "Good Times" in which J.J. Evans brought Penny home after she ran away. There was Janet in that memorable shot, a preteen with a bandage on her head. "I'm sorry, Momma. I promise I won't do it again," the abused Penny said. Jackson's show ended with "Nasty Boys," "Rhythm Nation" and, after another costume change, this one all white, "Together Again."

No comments:

Post a Comment